Michigan and federal law require employers to display various employment posters covering a variety of Michigan and federal laws. The MDA offers a free Labor Poster Packet containing all the posters you are required to display in your dental office. The checklists below list the posters employers are required for display.
Checklist of Michigan Posters
Listed below is a checklist of the Michigan Employer Posters required to be display for dental offices in Michigan. All of the posters in the checklist are available for free from the Michigan Dental Association. Posters are available individually or you can request a packet containing all of them.
- Michigan Law Prohibits Discrimination
- Michigan Minimum Wage Law of 1964
- General Rules (includes Overtime Compensation)
- Michigan Youth Employment Standards Act
- Michigan Job Safety and Health Protection
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) Location
- Michigan Right-to-Know (New or Revised MSDS)
- Michigan Whistleblowers’ Protection Act
- Michigan Unemployment Benefits
- Confined Space
- Michigan Rules for Control of Radiation (this poster is specific to dentistry)
Checklist of Federal Posters
Listed below is a checklist of the Federal Employment Posters required to be display for dental offices in Michigan. All of the posters in the checklist are available for free from the Michigan Dental Association. Posters are available individually or you can request a packet of the entire set.
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Federal Minimum Wage
- Notice to Workers with Disabilities Paid at Special Minimum Wage
- Job Safety and Health Protection
- Notice of Protection Under Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act
- Notice of Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (applicable to employers with at least 50 employees)
To request any or all of the forms listed above, please call the MDA at 800-589-2632.