The Michigan Dental Association is now taking applications for its Component PR Grant Program. This initiative is designed to help local dental societies educate and promote the importance of oral health in their communities.
The MDA Public Relations Grant program annually awards grants up to $5,000 each to six components to help educate and promote oral health in their communities. The MDA Committee on Public Relations evaluates each application and determines the winning six projects by the end of the year. The announcement and delivery of grants for the winning six components will take place in January.
You can download the PR Grant Program Guidelines appearing on this page for viewing offline.
- Only local dental societies in Michigan are eligible to enter.
- Limit one application per project (components may submit multiple projects with no less than a projected $1,000 budget).
- Only complete applications (all fields) are eligible to enter.
- Only projects that will take place in 2023 will be eligible.
- Only projects targeted to the general public are eligible to enter.
- Projects must promote or educate the public on the importance of oral health.
- Donations to charitable organizations or costs for providing free dental care would not be eligible for the PR Grant program.
- All eligible applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. Oct., 31, 2022.
- Applying for the PR Grant program does not guarantee component will receive grant award.
- The MDA Committee on Public Relations will evaluate all applications and determine the winning six components by the end of the year.
- All applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- How well the component’s project relates to the mission of increasing the public’s awareness and knowledge of the importance of oral health.
- How well the component’s project will effectively impact their community.
- A maximum of six grants totaling up to $5,000 each will be awarded to the six winning components.
- In cases where a component submits multiple projects the MDA reserves the right to choose which projects are eligible and how the grant should be allocated.
- The decisions of the MDA and Committee on Public Relations on matters involving the PR Grant program are final, binding, and not appealable.
- The MDA PR Grant program is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
- The MDA reserves the right to disqualify any application that it determines, in its sole discretion, does not comply with these official guidelines.
How to Apply
If your local dental society is interested click the button below to complete your application. The electronic application makes it quick and easy to submit your request. Components must submit one application per project. Application deadline is Oct. 31, 2022.
- Six component societies will receive up to $5,000 each in January.
- Notification and announcement of winning components will take place in January.
- By accepting grant, winning components agree to appear in photos and/or media as well as component name in any manner, without compensation, permission, or notification to winner.