The MDA is launching a new mentor program and looking for members who are interested in helping other member dentists.
This informal mentor program will be a network of member dentists who provide support by listening, clarifying and recommending resources to members. Members who are in good standing, committed to supporting and helping colleagues, and are willing to have their name, contact information and photo available for publication, qualify to be mentors.
- To be responsive to calls and emails from colleagues by being a good listener.
- To offer advice, support and guidance to assist member dentists in their success.
- To attend and participate in the MDA mentor training.
- To be a positive representative of the MDA by promoting and encouraging integrity and ethics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of resources available through the MDA.
- Guided by integrity and ethics.
- Commitment to the improvement of the public’s overall health.
Mentor Qualification Criteria
- Member in good standing.
- Willing to have name, contact information, and photo available for publication.
- Commitment to supporting and helping member dentists.
Mentors will identify areas of expertise they are most comfortable helping members. The list of more than 30 categories includes things such as academic involvement, cosmetic dentistry, facial pain disorders, international volunteerism, practice ownership, and social media. Mentees will contact mentors based on their current need and/or question.
Don’t wait, apply now to be a part of this new program.