MDA Member Dentists Can Make a Difference as a Volunteer Leader
Here you’ll find tips and ideas you can use to explore all the great things that being a volunteer leader with organized dentistry has to offer. Included are quick, short-term, and long-term opportunities as well as links to MDA programs where you can gain further leadership skills.
Michigan dentistry needs your skills, your insights, your experience, and your enthusiasm. Get started today!
Quick and Easy Opportunities
No time? No problem! Fast ways to get involved!
- Share your views by writing a letter or an article in the MDA Journal.
- Host a speaker at Annual Session.
- Recruit a non-member into membership.
- Take photos at a dental society event.
- Attend an MDA legislative lunch or meeting.
- Speak out in support of fluoride in your community.
- Respond to MDA legislative alerts when received.
- Participate in the biannual MDA compensation and dental fee surveys.
A little more time, but not a major commitment.
- Serve as an MDA mentor.
- Share your expertise on an MDA task force or workgroup.
- Volunteer as an MDA Journal clinical reviewer.
- Organize a fundraiser for a political candidate.
- Participate in the MDA LEAD (Leadership Education and Development) program.
- Sign up for the MDA COVER (Colleagues Offering Varied Emergency Relief) program.
- Speak at an MDA continuing education course.
For those seeking a more substantial commitment.
- Serve on the MDA Journal Editorial Advisory Board.
- Serving on an MDA board or committee:
- MDA Committees: Put your expertise to work on a longer-term basis.
- MDA Board of Trustees: Help shape Michigan dentistry’s future.
- MDA House of Delegates: Help support and advance the profession of dentistry.
- Nominating Committee: Your interest in serving on the MDA Board of Trustees begins with the Nominating Committee, which nominates trustees, officers, ADA delegates, and alternates to the House of Delegates.
- MDA Subsidiaries and Affiliate Groups: Explore the volunteer opportunities available through MDA’s subsidiary organizations MDA Insurance, MDA Services, MDA Foundation, and MDA Dental PAC.