The Michigan Dental Association is seeking a dynamic individual with a passion for service to serve as our Membership Manager. We are looking for a brand ambassador who thrives on building relationships with key audiences like we have been doing since 1856 when we became the first state dental society in the country!
Director of Membership
To act as a brand ambassador building relationships with key audiences, and managing programs and projects to support a positive member experience and strong membership market share, particularly with dental students, residents, and new dentists. To provide support to outreach to additional member subgroups, including but not limited to women, DSO/LGP dentists, and dentists of diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with faculty and administration at both dental schools.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with ASDA chapter leaders and leaders in dental student organizations such as the Student National Dental Association, the Student Hispanic Dental Association, and others.
- Coordinate annual planning sessions with ASDA leadership at each school.
- Develop and execute events such as lunch-and-learns, webinars, and social events in collaboration with student leaders and representatives from MDA IFG.
- Facilitate Signing Day and other activities to transition D4 dental students to active membership in the MDA or other state societies if moving out of state.
- Support outreach to pre-dental students and the Michigan Diverse Dental Alliance as needed.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with faculty and administration at GPR, AEGD and specialty programs.
- Develop and execute events and provide resources to facilitate the transition to practice.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with new dentists.
- Monitor conversion to active membership for new graduates and membership acquisition, retention, and market share data.
- Evaluate and monitor new dentist demographics, such as gender identity, racial/ethnic background, occupation, practice setting and ownership status.
- Develop and execute CE and social events for new dentists.
- Collaborate in the development of resources, publications, and marketing communications targeted to new dentists.
- Provide support as needed to the MDA Mentor Program, Job Board, and other ongoing programs targeted to new dentists.
- Serve as a “go-to” resource for MDA information and benefits.
- Provide support to the New Dentist Committee by writing reports, transmitting agendas, and drafting minutes.
- Manage the annual budget planning for student/resident/new dentist program initiatives.
- Coordinate budget-tracking, invoice processing and check requests.
- Manage the component reimbursement program for student/resident attendance.
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDING:
- Coordinate/collaborate on outreach activities to other member subgroups as requested.
- Serve as a resource to component dental societies on membership topics.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide resources and/or support to dental students/residents/new dentists.
GENERAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENTIAL DEVELOPMENT
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience work experience.
- Sales, marketing, business development or association experience preferred.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION/EXPERIENTIAL DEVELOPMENT
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Moderate skills in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Adobe.
- Ability to identify and translate goals and objectives into strategies.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Previous experience with CRM/AMS tools and social media platforms preferred.
- Meeting planning/event management experience preferred.
- A passion for service.
- This position is salaried and no overtime pay is provided. Additional work hours are expected to complete projects/requests in a timely manner and may require overtime.
- The employee in this position may be required to spend some time performing duties and responsibilities related to MDA subsidiary functions and activities.
- The above statements should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- An Asterisk (*) denotes duties or responsibilities judged to be “essential functions” in terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA.
- The Privacy Rules place certain restrictions on the acquisition, use, and disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI). Further, under the rules and agreements signed by Michigan Dental Association with the Health Insurance Marketplaces, and in accordance with federal regulations, the Michigan Dental Association must also protect Personally-Identifiable Information (PII) that we may receive, use, transmit, or store about any client or prospect who may purchase health insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplaces, whether federally-facilitated, in a state partnership or state-operated. This policy applies to all Michigan Dental Association employees, which is defined for the purposes of this document to be employees of all current and future subsidiaries of the Company.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
Monday – Friday
Okemos, Mich. 48864: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Driver’s License (Required)
Hybrid remote in Okemos, Mich. 48864
From $66,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement