Membership Concierge Specialist
Pay Range Starts At:
Director of Membership
Enhance membership experience and create the feeling of a personalized member service for MDA members. To increase awareness and utilization of ADA/MDA/local society membership benefits and services through targeted, proactive outreach to key audiences. To provide timely and helpful responses to member requests.
Essential Job Functions*
Membership Administration Support:
- Provides concierge-like service to members, connecting them to benefits at the local, state and national levels.
- Addressing service requests from members resulting from phone calls or email outreach.
- Coordinate application process, new member welcome campaign and retention activities.
- Supports the execution of new member onboarding, prospect follow-up, payment collection and distribution of sales and marketing materials.
- Administers the functions of the waiver of dues, relief and membership status affidavit programs and membership categorization.
- Initiate outreach to ensure and enhance member utilization of benefits, products and services.
- Serves as primary contact for the local, state and national benefits of membership. Must possess a general understanding of all organization products and services, including subsidiary offerings.
- Shared receptionist duties on a rotating basis, including coordinating coverage.
- Assist with and attend committee meetings, taking minutes, preparing draft reports and ensuring follow-up as appropriate.
- A passion for service and helping people solve problems.
- Minimum of three years in a service-related role, experience in a call-center a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, quantitative skills, and general educational development typically associated with the completion of a high school curriculum.
- Ability to effectively multitask and triage multiple in-bound service requests from customers; strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistent and unwavering attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; experience using CRM or AMS platforms, membership databases preferred.
- This position may require overtime, for example during annual session. Overtime is at the direction of the immediate supervisor and human resources. Approval for overtime is granted by the executive director and/or human resources.
- The employee in this position may be required to spend some time performing duties and responsibilities related to MDA subsidiary functions and activities.
- The above statements should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed of the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- An Asterisk (*) denotes duties or responsibilities judged to be “essential functions” in terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA.
Minimum Physical Expectations:
- Physical activity that often requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work, and filing.
- Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires lifting under 30 lbs. with assistance of a cart for carrying boxes.
- Physical activity that requires travel by car several times a week throughout Michigan.
- Valid driver’s license and no major driving violations.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling, and/or twisting.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face (in English) for long periods of time.
An Asterisk (*) denotes duties or responsibilities judged to be “essential functions” in terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA.
The Privacy Rules place certain restrictions on the acquisition, use and disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI). Further, under the rules and agreements signed by Michigan Dental Association with the Health Insurance Marketplaces, and in accordance with federal regulations, the Michigan Dental Association must also protect Personally-Identifiable Information (PII) that we may receive, use, transmit, or store about any client or prospect who may purchase health insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplaces, whether federally-facilitated, in a state partnership or state-operated. This policy applies to all Michigan Dental Association employees, which is defined for the purposes of this document to be employees of all current and future subsidiaries of the Company.