9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Northern Michigan University, Don H. Bottom Center
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette, MI 49855
Deirdre Young, DDS; Nan Dreves, RDH, MBA
Fee: $175/Member DDS; $143/Staff and Life Retired Member DDS; $275/Nonmember DDS
CE Credits: 6
AGD Code: 148/550/770
9 a.m. – Noon: Dr. Deirdre Young will address the topic of Implicit Bias.
- Learn the historical basis and present consequences of implicit biases based on an individual’s characteristics.
- Discuss current research on implicit bias in the access to and delivery of health care services.
- Learn to better-serve a diverse population, as well as diversity and inclusion initiatives and cultural sensitivity.
1:30-4 p.m.: Nan Dreves, RDH, MBA, will speak on Infection Control in Dentistry and Ethics and Jurisprudence in Dentistry.
- Describe pertinent CDC Guidance documents to ensure safe dental care.
- Understand the importance of handpiece sterilization after use.
- Review PPE requirements for safe clinical care and for other tasks within the dental setting.
- Obtain a general understanding of dental ethics and jurisprudence.
- Recognize the difference between the legal and ethical requirements applicable to delegation and supervision.
Financial support provided by MDA Insurance, MDA Services, Crest+Oral B Professional Oral Health, and Garfield Refining.
This course counts toward Michigan’s implicit bias training requirement for all health care providers.
This course counts towards Michigan’s Infection Control requirement.
This course counts toward Michigan’s ethics, jurisprudence, and delegation of duties requirement.
About the Speakers … Dr. Deirdre Young is the assistant dean for institutional equity and inclusion for the College of Creative Studies, Detroit. She previously served as director of the office of multicultural affairs at Detroit Mercy Dental.
Nan Dreves is an enthusiastic and comprehensive speaker/consultant specializing in dental occupational health, compliance, safety, and practice management topics.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave.
Marquette, MI 49855
(Don H. Bottom University Center)
Call 517-346-9408, or email Jody Marquardt.