Role of Dental Professionals in the Prevention of HPV Related Oropharyngeal Carcinomas
Speaker: Charlotte Cortis, DDS
CE Credits: 1
- Review of Human Papillomavirus and the strains associated with oral disease.
- Review of the prevalence of HPV infection, the occurrence of HPV oropharyngeal cancers.
- Review of prevention of new cases of HPV through vaccination recommendations.
- Review of current vaccination recommendations, sequencing, and rates of vaccination for males and females.
- Review of discussion points for patient/parent discussions regarding oropharyngeal cancer/vaccination.
- Encouragement of the audience to seek education and become an advocate in HPV and oropharyngeal prevention through HPV vaccination.
About the Speaker … Charlotte Cortis Is a 1993 graduate of The University of Detroit with the past 25 years in private practice, mostly, in Lansing, Mich. She has focused her professional growth and education in areas that best fit her patient population in both their systemic and dental health. She has attended numerous HPV Oropharyngeal lectures, symposiums and volunteers with Henry Ford on community oral cancer screenings.