The Opioid Epidemic
Speaker: Vincent Benivegna, DDS
Fee: $50/MDA DDS and Staff; $75/Non-Members
CE Credits: 1
Persistent opioid use after dental and surgical care is common. All practitioners should consider opioid best practices for the sake of optimal pain care for their patients.
- Understand how to counsel patients on the effects and risks associated with using opioids and other controlled substances.
- Review state and federal laws regarding prescribing and dispensing controlled substances.
- Discover alternate treatments for pain management.
- Learn when to use opioids and other controlled substances.
- How to utilize the Michigan Automated Prescription System.
This course Michigan Board of Dentistry’s pain management requirement and meets the one-time training requirement to renew the controlled substance pharmacy license for dentists.
About the Speaker … Dr. Vince Benivegna is a partner in Mid-Michigan Oral Surgery, with offices in East Lansing, Grand Ledge, and Charlotte, Mich. He is a graduate of the University of Michigan School of Dentistry and completed the Oral Maxillofacial program at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. He currently serves on the state of Michigan’s Prescription Drug and Opioid Abuse Commission where he is responsible for recommending additions and changes to Michigan law regarding prescribing, use, and disposal of opioid medication, as well as policy and regulatory recommendations.