Recorded Webinar — Posted May 7, 2020
Speaker: Lauren Johnson, DDS
CE Credits: 1
The purpose of this course is to familiarize dental professionals with significant systemic conditions that can be present in their patient populations, and learn how to continue treating these patients safely. By the conclusion of the course, attendees will have knowledge of significant medical co-morbidities, and be able to confidently continue treating patients in their offices.
- Review significant medical co-morbidities that can arise in patients in your practice.
- Learn to confidently communicate with medical providers and specialists.
- Learn to safely treat these patients in your office.
- Determine goals of overall treatment.
- Discuss treatment modifications to consider.
- Understanding documentation of adverse events.
About the speaker … Lauren N. Johnson, DDS is a general dentist practicing in public health in Muskegon, Michigan. Her background is diverse, having practiced in academics, public health, hospital setting, and private practice. She earned her DDS at the University of Michigan, completed a General Practice Residency at the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and an oral surgery clinical teaching fellowship at the University of Michigan in the Department of Oral Surgery/Hospital Dentistry. She volunteers as an adjunct clinical instructor with the University of Michigan, and has served on missions in Uganda and Cuba.