For Providing Classroom CE

Organizations and individuals may apply to become continuing education providers of courses/programming offering credits for dental license renewal.

If interested in becoming a recognized provider of continuing dental education, you must apply through one of the following organizations listed below.

NOTE: These applications are specific for providing continuing education to Michigan dentists and may not apply or be recognized in other states.

For Providing Volunteer Clinical Care CE

In order for CE credits to be awarded, the volunteer clinical care must be performed at a state board-approved program, which must be a public or nonprofit entity, program, or event, or a school or nursing home; and which provides clinical dental services to the indigent or dentally underserved populations.

The rule requires sponsors of volunteer CE opportunities to:

  • apply to the Michigan Board of Dentistry to obtain approval as a sponsoring entity;
  • retain patient records;
  • provide the records and a copy of the assignments and the hours of service to the Michigan Board of Dentistry upon request;
  • provide each volunteer dentist with verification of volunteer work performed by the volunteer upon completion of service.

The Board of Dentistry may revoke the approval status of any entity that fails to comply with the above rules.

  • Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs